Dr. Bodenhamer’s under-graduate degree (BA) is from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC (1972). His major at Appalachian State University was Philosophy and Religion with a minor in Psychology. He received the Master of Divinity (1976) and the Doctor of Ministry Degree (1978) from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC. The Master of Divinity Degree included training in Pastoral Care with both classroom and clinical work. Dr. Bodenhamer received one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education from Wake Medical Center in Raleigh, N. C. while working on his doctorate. His marriage to Linda now spans 41 years.
His NLP Practitioner’s Certification comes from L.E.A.D.’s Consultants in Reynoldsburg, OH, Dr. Gene Rooney, Trainer. Dr. Bodenhamer’s NLP Master Certification and Master Time Line TherapyTM Practitioner Certification came from Tad James, Ph.D. of Advanced Neuro-Dynamics of Honolulu, HI. Additional training has been received from NLP conferences. Dr. Bodenhamer has approximately 1500 hours of formal NLP training. He taught NLP for 10 years in the Corporate/Community Education program at Gaston College. Dr. Bodenhamer received his certification as a Trainer of NLP from Tad James, Ph.D., Advance Neuro Dynamics, Honolulu, Hawaii and Wyatt Woodsmall, Ph.D. of Advanced Behavioral Modeling, Inc., Arlington, VA.
As an International Master NLP Trainer, he offers both certified training for Practitioners and Master Practitioners of NLP. He has a private NLP Therapy practice. Dr. Bodenhamer has served four Southern Baptist churches as pastor. He is presently serving as pastor of a mission church called Christ Fellowship Community Church. His time in the pastorate spans 44 years. All of his pastorates have been in North Carolina. Bob has had the privilege of being married to Linda for the past 45 years (10/17/1965).
He has co-authored ten books and authored one:
Co-authored with L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.:
- Figuring Out People: Design Engineering With Meta-Programs
- Time Lining: Advance Time-Line Principles
- Patterns For Renewing The Mind: Christian Communicating & Counseling Using NLP
- Mind-Lines: Conversational Reframing
- The Structure of Excellence: Unmasking The Meta-Levels of “Submodalities”
- The User’s Manual for the Brain: The Complete Manual for Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner Certification, Volume I
- The User’s Manual for the Brain: The Complete Manual for Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner Certification, Volume II
- The Structure of Personality: Modeling “Personality” Using NLP and Neuro-Semantics with Richard Bolstad and Margot Hamblett
- Frame Games for Mastering Fear
- He co-authored the book Hypnotic Language Its Structure and Use with John Burton, Ed.D.
- Mastering Blocking & Stuttering, A Cognitive Approach to Achieving Fluency